Tuesday, July 8, 1997

Your Dream Might Enlighten Me


Last night in film class, I flirted with slim lass
Who has caught my eye, even as I try
To ignore such urges,
In my Man-Child purges.

Guess I'm scared of new dances, if they're unhealthy romances.
And long for relation, that's long on elation.
And short on the blaming, and all of the aiming
To solve old child patterns; without any lanterns

To illuminate, the bugs on our plate.
My longing is to find her, alive and already stirred.
Already on a path.
Not still stuck in her wrath.

I don't mind dancing, and kind romancing
With all of her parts, and even her warts.
But is it possible, am I being gullible,
To hope for some whole, at least as the goal?

Oh sure, the words are great, that I want a little less hate,
And more understanding, not on my shoulders standing.
For my job as a hero, is more sobbing than a go.
I haven't saved anyone, and can't find the fierce dragon

To joust well and conquer, for her love to secure.
And probably I am, just like Sancho and the Man
Of La Mancha on horse, who look's ridiculous.
Jousting with windmills. Honing chilvary skills.

And pledging my Life, for fair maiden not wife.
And maiden so fair, doesn't know that I'm there.
And all of the story, the Knight's fame & glory,
Are just my blathering, my not lucid gathering

Of singular facts, woven together the cracks
To make a bizarre story, my brand new reality.
Which seems strange to all, but is precious to Paul.
So who do I listen to? Everyone else or to this dear fool?

Who's Life is it anyway? If you hate it, please just stay
On your horse skinny, pledging to your Dolcinea,
Your Love and your Heart, and let my crazy parts
Enact our own Dance. Please can you, perchance,

Let each of our Worlds, be Whole to unfurl
The Truth of our Knowing? In our dreaming going
There everyday, to hear what Life says,
When She speaks to our Souls; in our own dear, Dream Worlds?

If we don't make us wrong,
We might Love both our Songs.
And your Dream might enlighten me.
And my scream might not frightening be.


Your Dream Might Enlighten Me
by Loveson G. Flower
7/8/97
"Don Quixote" drawing by Pablo Picasso