Wednesday, July 16, 1997

Bank's Fool

Feeling kinda isolated.
Feeling all alone.
Sitting at McDonald's, surrounded by kid's fun.

All these little ones,
Sure do like it here.
Is there any wonder we grow fat and love our beer?

For here is where our choices are.
Would you like it Super Size?
And out there we must do bidding of Boss and other guys.

Who always change their faces
But Demanding stays the same.
Pay the Mortgage, bow to Landlord, hide from creditor game.

If make graph of interest
That you pay through the years,
At 7% it mounts to a mountain of sad tears.

The logarithmic growth
Keeps us all in denial.
A slave to banks and bills, their thirst is never full.

They have a "Truth in Lending" act
That says they must inform.
But if my brain can't stand the pain, I just sign the form.

I suppose it's all legal
And I'm just a dumb fool,
With Stanford MBA who can't read small printed drool.

But maybe it's the strategy,
The boring legalese.
Only one in ten will read and less comprehend with ease.

Especially the results
Of a life buried in debt,
Never finding space for freedom, and my Life to get.

What about my True Life's Work,
And not this dreadful job?
I can't risk changing now, though my insides sob.

There must be a better way,
But I haven't a clue,
To have a home, and become One, while not being Bank's Fool.




Bank's Fool
by Loveson G. Flower
7/16/97
at McDonald's, Redwood City
Cartoon by Kondelsman, 1997