Thursday, July 3, 1997

Swept Far Away

Feel kinda sad. Maybe really bad.
Slept all afternoon, in my hot and stuffy room.
Don't know why my life is flat.
Is this something about Pat?

Seems she's gone for good.
With no word, no signal did
She attempt to connect with me.
Guess she's gone to forever leave.

I'm in denial. I think that I'll,
Find her there, again to care.
But as the days and weeks go by,
It's hard to fool this fool and lie.

I feel so low, a worthless soul,
And wonder what should be my goal.
To keep on changing & rearranging:
All my selves, the elves, keep aging?

Or should I stop, and hop back to,
The old, familiar, "normal" fool?
Some part says no. It's impossible to,
Put Humpty Dumpty back in his shoes.

And all the King's horses, and all of his men,
Couldn't do it. So how can my old self mend?
And my suffering pain, seems familiar again.
And I wonder if my reaction shows my heart's oldest shame.

For all of my life, has this stripe of strife:
That whenever I change, my heart's cut with a knife.
Seems something about me; is much, much too scary.
So close ones abandon; cut and run and don't tarry.

Perhaps there are flaws, related to my claws,
And they're afraid I will hurt them if even they pause.
And it doesn't matter, how I plead or I flatter,
And try to understand their heart's dear, dear patter.

Perhaps it's because, my eyes see the flaws,
In the wounded dance, the broken romance.
And by speaking my truth, of seeing so ruth-
Lessly I am caught, in the maelstrom and not

Able to swim home. The tornado has come,
And thrust all away. It's impossible to stay.
So I'm swept far away, like Dorothy and Todo to stay,
In a strange, new land; that I must now understand.

And my growth is accelerated,
But the sling shot hasn't ameliorated
The devastating memory
Of my lost, abandoned Family.


Swept Far Away
by Loveson G. Flower
7/3/97