Wednesday, July 16, 1997

Steer My Own Ship

I read a quote, my heart was smote,
With the Truth it said:
That reason for, argument's war.
And why it hasn't fled

Is that because, both sides have flaws.
Isn't this the trick?
This argument, and disagreement,
Wouldn't last a lick,

Without fuel, to fire pull
Both sides in their pain.
We see the wrong, in other's song,
But miss my own flame.

"You're burning me. Why can't you see?
The damage that you do?
I see your smoke. My eyes you poke.
Our friendship now is through."

Out of the flue, the ashes do,
Fly to part's unknown.
"It's all your fault. Look at your salt.
Point at my pepper don't!"

This seasoning, Life's reasoning,
To improve our food
Might be lost then. Thrown in trash can,
Soul's nourishing soup.

Can I dare to, turn mirror to
My own burning house?
See my flames here, my false aim's fear
And stop cat and mouse?

That kills her care, from my flames here,
And doesn't own my stuff.
Oh sure there are, some flames o'er there.
That truth is not enough.

Before we fix, another's tricks,
Let's focus where it counts.
I can but steer, my own ship clear.
And her flames must she put out.


Steer My Own Ship
by Loveson G. Flower
7/16/97