Saturday, August 2, 1997

Singing Fingers


Sweet guitar music, plays inside my whole.
Am some heart sick, for music's sounds enfold.
My dear piano, is just a distant friend.
Want soon to go, and friendship there mend.

Who knows how long, fingers will still bend
And play sweet love songs, for my heart to rend.
When I am crippled, will I be real sad
To not have sampled, sweet songs' feelings glad?

Have some tears here now. Guess I'm sad already.
Just when I learn how, my fingers leave real steady.
They have always served, me in many ways.
Don't get love deserved, for all the tunes they played.

All the lovely women, who fingers made feel fine.
And the knowledge omens, hands uncovered lines
Of many fields and learnings, turning page by page.
Helped uncover yearnings. Expressed and let go rage.

I will miss you fingers, if you must retire.
Guess I'll be a singer, to try and express my fire.
Just a voice untrained, to sing away my fears.
Must sing a new refrain, to carry through the years.

Thank you hands and fingers,
For all you've meant to me.
Loved piano and learn thirst,
Through you I was sent See.


Singing Fingers
by Loveson G. Flower
5:45 PM, 8/2/97
Cafe Barone, Menlo Park
Photo from: www.homepage.mac.com/annetics/.Pictures/ Image-1AEE754AFD7811D9.jpeg