Saturday, August 16, 1997

Cyber-Slave, Internet Junkie


Becoming an Internet Junkie,
Some stooge. Just a cyber-drugs flunky.
So much cool stuff to see -
Naked Babes interesting -

All designed to catch my eye,
Grab my time and my money.
Sitting there stuck like a leech
That attaches to skin in bowels of beach.

Sucking, sucking for all it's worth.
And my life becomes a dearth,
Of real life, healthy happening;
Lost in cyber tapping in;

To my brain, my time, my lusts.
Spider web's food I am because
I can't or won't seem to break free,
Leave the room and go to be.

The longer I stay right there,
Attached to leech sitting in chair,
My body and life disintegrates.
Time passes and fate won't wait.

By process of elimination,
I lose my discrimination.
It's easier to find life here,
In Cyber space that go out there.

Cyber-Life although illusion,
Has benefit of inclusion.
At least it seems like that to me.
If I pay my life, I guess it's free.


Cyber-Slave, Internet Junkie
by Loveson G. Flower
Saturday, 5:00 PM 8/16/97
at Le Boulanger, Menlo Park
Cartoon by Breen, Ashbury Park Press, 1997