Thursday, September 25, 1997

Slavery's War Unknown

On the plane to Chicago,
Back to my name. No Key Largo
Any more to play all day.
Kinda nervous that have to pay.

Pay for all my dalliance.
Wonder 'bout my allegiance.
What is my commitment to?
Be an unrelenting fool?

Can I exercise my life?
Use muscles, mind, sex for wife?
Use my great intelligence,
To make some kind of difference?

Have everything, I guess.
Though no Bill Gates, I have largess.
Have more material than love.
And have love real from above.

Puppies, kitties, goats, wild birds.
Have plants, trees, See & these words.
Have warm friends who care for me.
Have Allied Arts charmed symphony.

Have Psychodrama to get whole,
And to help promote as goal.
Developing skill in the arts:
Animation, sculpture, musical parts.

Have a Vision sometimes clear.
Sometimes belief transcends my fear.
Have the time to complete say.
Ten or twenty years to play.

Still might make some real babies.
For heart's sake fable pleased.
Guess I don't expect that now.
Aging's cruel reflect kills bow.

Once I was a handsome lad.
Many girls thought winsome glad.
Eyes clear blue & shocking locks,
Of long blond hair that knocked their socks.

Seeing their reaction then,
Believing forever I should win.
When an end to some romance,
Another sent to come and dance.

Depending on my attracts power,
Pretending not an addicts sewer.
Live forever, loves a plenty.
Gave my flower of youth away.

In those years of unconsciousness,
Most commit for marriage bliss.
Although it's common in our age,
That American's have less love than rage.

Most of marriages don't work.
Wind up calling the other "jerk."
Arranged marriages in East,
Often are carriages to feast

Compared to ours of our choosing.
With all our choice how come we're losing?
Is it because inside we,
Have holes as causes of dying?

Wife-beatings and child abuse,
Are so prevalent seems screw is loose.
How has our culture devolved,
From 1930's wholesome friends proud?

Now for just a small pittance,
We leave Detroit for hot west's dance.
Everything geared economy.
Can't get us take vacation's be.

On the weekends we watch sports.
Every night Tele's fat warts.
Rush to work and then to buy.
Fast food, fast love, never fly.

Winner take all society.
One in thousand live the dream.
Even they who have it "all,"
Seem trapped in desert's garden fall.

In the sixties some did try,
To make love not war with heart's cry.
The powers saw and had a fit.
Invaded minds to insure we quit.

Just go back to slavery,
Wrapped up as economy.
Buy the new car, everything.
Focus material not sing.

So our selves are hardly here.
Drowned on shelf while we drink beer.
And myriad of drugs out there;
Like work, sex, movies, malls shout "Here!"

Want to try do resist all,
Of material's seduction call.
Have doubt of successful try,
With millions of messages to buy.

They say that I will be fine when;
I buy the new, better kind then.
But after buying so much,
I am quite sure that can't buy crutch.

And with relationship holes blue,
Promotion makes desperate true.
I'll just buy that new boat now.
Look. They'll see I'm proud, then bow.

We'll forget the mounting bills.
Buy some more and take some pills.
Quick and easy, like a child.
Change the channel, feeling's file

In the folder: "Just ignore."
Find a new hole. Must get more.
Look real hard in Western eyes.
Where's innocence, kind replies?

Where's soft love across the land,
Helping Life and fellow man?
Hope it's still there in each one.
Buried deep sometimes can't come.

Wish the war in our land was,
Apparent to understand cause.
It's hard to fight war unknown,
That you're object for slave's owned.


Slavery's War Unknown
by Loveson G. Flower
Thursday, 4:35 PM 9/25/97
On plane from Paris to Chicago