Saturday, May 17, 1997

Ode to Uli, My Hero

Dedicated to Uli on his 60th Birthday

For a dear friend, on a path to mend
The heart and mind split, and never to quit,
I say: Thank you, Uli; for your laughter and company.
Along our heart walks, and for all of our talks;

About truth and woes, and how our life goes.
Rushing down the stream; now whispers, now screams;
No matter the place, your happy, kind face
Brings a warm glow, and helps me to know:

That you are a man, who we know that you can;
Push your way though, the impossible stew
Of depression and sad. Of this we are glad.
For Uli, you deserve; happiness to preserve.

And not to ignore, Life's difficult chore:
To meet all the parts, and integrate hearts;
With mind and the body, that sometimes we leave shoddy;
Along life's dizzying pace, the awful rat race.

So easy to forget, one part of the net
Sum whole, and, thereby; Individuation won't fly.
This Ode to Uli, though perhaps a bit silly;
Is sent with my love, and a prayer to Above:

That the rest of your days, whether too sane or in craze;
Will find that your boat, will always float.
And allow you to dip, beneath Ocean's lip;
To find clear emotion, and not salve and lotion.

To try and ignore, and struggle for shore
But to feel all life's pain; to integrate again.
For once we were whole; and still may our goal
To be One like a baby; to be Whole my dear, Uli.

Thanks Uli. Love, Paul

PS. You must have been a beautiful embryo;
For did I tell you you're my hero?


Ode to Uli, My Hero
by Loveson G. Flower
5/17/97